Dating service louisville ky Free ps3 dating
Stanford was founded in 1775 by Benjamin Logan as Logan's Fort, alternately known as St. The site of the fort is about one mile west of the courthouse at the center of town.The name "Fort Logan" is still used to this day by local businesses, including the Fort Logan Hospital and Standing Fort Collectibles.A small local library was first established in the 1830s.The library was renamed in 1970 in honor of Harvey Helm, a native son who became a Kentucky statesman and member of the United States House of Representatives between 19.The city continued to grow, especially after the Louisville and Nashville Railroad built a station and line into the town in late 1865.Now the railroad line has closed, and even the tracks were removed in 1988, leaving only a small spur line that connects to Mount Vernon, Kentucky.It has been expanded and upgraded over time, the courthouse remains on the same site.
The name Stanford may have come from "Standing Fort", which Fort Logan became known as because it survived multiple attacks by British-led Native Americans during the American Revolution.
The first school was built sometime in the 1850s, as the Male Academy.
It was established in a building that is now the Fox Funeral Home on West Main Street.
In 1781, the original settlement expanded when Benjamin Logan donated part of his own land as the site for a courthouse.
Nevertheless, the county court met at Fort Harrod (now Harrodsburg) until 1785, when Mercer County was established.